Include Me TOO (IM2) is national charity supporting disabled children, young people and their families from diverse range of backgrounds. Include Me TOO supports and promotes social justice, equality and rights for all disabled children and young people. We provide a range of support including peer support, befriending services, activities and holiday clubs for disabled children, outreach and information and advice to families.
Include Me TOO are committed and determined to achieve the vision set out in the 10 standards of our National Charter Of Rights for Disabled Children & Young People. We do this by working together with families, supporting parents and carers to become Champions; support Disabled Children, Young People and their Siblings to become Ambassadors and Role Models and supporting Communities to become more involved and inclusive.
Since 2002 Include Me TOO (IM2) has been working locally, regionally, nationally and internationally profiling disabled children and young people as integral members of society with equal rights. IM2 is driven by disabled children & young people and their families, who in the past have not been represented equally or not had their voices heard. IM2 continues to support them too collectively and individually to express their aspirations and views as well as being valued and taken seriously by society. IM2 developed the seven key principles of the RESPECT CODE which underpin the organisation’s work alongside the National Include Me TOO Charter of Rights for Disabled Children and Young People
Include Me TOO Aims and Objectives
- Supporting Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and other marginalised communities disabled children, young people and their families to access information, advice and support
- Provide an opportunity for parents & carers from our diverse communities to collaborate, share skills and experiences to support one another through peer and mentoring support
- Provide cultural, holistic support and increase awareness of the full range of local services available for disabled children, young people and their families from our diverse communities, promoting inclusive, accessible, culturally appropriate and reflective services, combining and supporting an holistic, multi-agency approach
- Increase representation and involvement of all disabled children, young people and their families at all levels of service delivery and decision making processes
- Increase disability awareness, understanding and inclusion within our diverse communities through partnership with mainstream and grassroots diverse groups, faith, voluntary and community groups
- Campaign and support marginalised voices of disabled children, young people and their families from diverse and marginalised communities to ensure equality, inclusion and their rights and aspirations are supported and recognised.
- Support the vision of the charity ‘A Disability Friendly, Inclusive & Safe Society’, through a range of training increasing awareness, inclusion, participation, equality and rights of all disabled children, young people and their families
Include Me TOO achievements:
- Developed the first ever National Charter of Rights for Disabled Children and Young People. The Charter received support by many national charities, government departments signing up as signatories and the Prime Minster provided a statements of support for the charter
- IM2 arranged for disabled children to attend No 10 Downing Street to meet with advisors regarding their rights
- IM2 is the leading and award winning national charity supporting Black, Asian and Minority Communities disabled children, young people and families
- IM2 organised and hosted the first ever National Community Inspiration Awards for Disabled Children, Young People and Families which took place in March 2015 and was a huge success
- IM2 produced and developed a song with disabled children and young people which was sold in HMV
- IM2 has continued to be highlighted for its creative approaches, cultural and holistic provisions and support and good practice in participation and engagement work.
- Include Me TOO were amongst 20,000 nominations for the National Diversity Awards in 2015 and won the Age category for the work we do regarding disabilities with a range of children and young people their families and communities.
RESPECT - 7 Principles
"Changing tomorrow for today's disabled children and young people and for their families, enabling them to embrace a more positive future"
Through partnership working we support organisations and families to work towards the 7 Principles of Include Me TOO:
Responding to issues and concerns identified.
Encouraging partnership working with relevant organisations and agencies.
Supporting children and young people with disabilities and special needs and their families to be involved in decision making processes and increase their representation.
Providing equal opportunities and choices for children and young people with disabilities and special needs.
Engaging children and young people with disabilities and special needs and their families to participate in consultation.
Challenging barriers to inclusion and acceptance.
Together actioning the “Include Me TOO “ children and young people’s Charter.