Protecting and promoting safeguarding and inclusion of disabled children and young people in faith-based and community settings
Include Me TOO have organised this conference in partnership with Strengthening Faiths Institution of with the support from several leading organisations in this field, NSPCC, Faith Forum London, Barnardo’s FGM Centre, Respond, SCWA (Stop Child Witch Accusation), Forced Marriages Unit and (NWG) National Working Group tackling child sexual exploitation and Jeena.
Date: Wednesday 16th November 2016
Venue: NSPCC National Training Centre Leicester.
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
It has been 10 years since Include Me TOO with NSPCC highlighted the much needed issues of safeguarding Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) disabled children and young people and the role of multi faith and community based settings to protect and promote the welfare of all children in our diverse communities.
The conference's purpose is to increase awareness, understanding and inclusion in regards to disabilities within our communities and challenge misinformation, negative perceptions and myths regarding disability.
The conference aims to:
- increase cultural awareness and understanding of areas to be considered in safeguarding within our diverse communities
- support the cultural competences of service providers and relevant professionals in regards to cultural practices, safeguarding and intervention
- improve understanding on matters of safeguarding in relation to disabled children, young people in faith and community settings
- facilitate change that will create more inclusive, disability friendly and safer faith and local communities for Black, Asian and minority ethnic disabled children and young people
- develop a Faith and Disability inclusive charter for disability friendly settings
Include Me TOO,
Newhampton Arts Centre,
More information can be found by downloading the conference brochure which is available here.
Closing date for bookings is Friday 11th November 2016, places are limited.