Following the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in April and the first ever Commonwealth Disabled Youth Roundtable Event organised and led by Include Me TOO with the Commonwealth Youth Council we will be continuing to increase the support for inclusion, rights and participation for disabled children and young people at the forthcoming Global Disability Summit.
The UK Department for International Development (DFID) is co-hosting the Global Disability Summit alongside the International Disability Alliance (IDA) and the Government of Kenya in London on 24th July 2018. Include Me TOO and the British Council are supporting disabled children and young people to have their say as they represent their peers, children and young persons with disabilities from around the globe by arranging a range of activities which include a video campaign #IncludeMeTOO, young people’s; online survey; social media discussions; workshops being held by schools and NGO’s, a disabled young people’s workshop during the Civil Society Forum on 23rd July 2018; developing a charter and disabled young people’s led roundtable event during the summit.
Include Me TOO are looking forward to supporting disabled young people to continue the discussion held during the Commonwealth Disabled Youth Roundtable on issues of inclusive education, tackling stigma and discrimination, gender equality, employment and technology and innovation strengthening the involvement, inclusion and voices of disabled children and young people.
The children and young persons programme includes: See attached for more details of the programme
- Video campaign #IncludeMeTOO
- Young persons online survey
- Twitter chat on youth participation, inclusion, mentoring an leadership
- Satellite workshops being held by schools and NGO’s around the globe
- Young Persons workshop during the Civil Society Forum
- Developing a Global Disability Summit Charter with and for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Young Persons with disabilities led roundtable event during the summit
- World Disability Children & Youth Forum launch with young ambassadors