Over the years many families have shared with Include Me TOO the difficulties they have experienced in accessing their faith and cultural activities in their communities.
Include Me TOO’s Faith and Disability project supports raising disability awareness and understanding within communities and improving access to faith and cultural activities for disabled children , young people and their families .
The project has provided an opportunity to bring faith communities together and reflect on shared universal values.
- Working together to increase the awareness and understanding regarding disabilities in our faith communities
- Families sharing their experiences of having a disabled child and the challenges of being involved in their respective faith communities
- Removing the barriers and improving the experiences of families with disabled children access their faith settings and activities, providing inclusivity
- Identifying how faith communities are supporting disabled children, young people and their families and what more could be done
- Sharing and learning from good practices and case studies
- Discussing what the role of Faith communities is in supporting disabled children, young people and their families
Please get in touch if you wish to get involved or would like to receive more information regarding this project.