‘Include Me TOO’ acknowledges the importance of protecting your personal data. We ask that you read the following carefully, as it contains key information on how and why we use, collect and store your personal information. Furthermore, it explains your rights in relation to your personal information, as well as how to contact us or supervisory authorities if you have a complaint.
Include Me TOO collects uses and is responsible for the personal information you provide in accordance with: the General Data Protection Regulation (which applies across the EU); the UK General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 (which apply across the UK); and International best practices. For the purposes of those laws, we are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information and will respect and protect your privacy at all times.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to an individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by data protection legislation, including the GDPR/UK GDPR and others mentioned above.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our memorandum and articles of Association
- To administer membership records;
- To promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services which you may be interested.
How do we process your personal data?
Include Me TOO complies with its obligations under the ‘GDPR’ by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about events, programme activities, processing job opportunities, projects and news updates, press releases and other relevant information.
- Your details will not be passed to any third party without consent.
How do we process your personal data?
Include Me TOO complies with its obligations under data protection legislation by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. All of your personal data that we collect is stored is Include Me TOO;s secure database.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Include Me TOO holds about you.
- The right to request that Include Me TOO corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Include Me TOO to retain such data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (within the UK, this is the ICO – see here).
If you wish to stop receiving information from Include Me TOO via our mailing lists or want to have your personal data erased you can email us at email@example.com
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out from time to time by the office of the Information Commissioner and will be retained for as long as necessary.
Specifically, we retain documents /data where consent has been given to us for processing or where the data is required for carrying out obligations under agreement or by law.