[hr size=’small’] Date: Tuesday 8th April 2014
Venue: Nishkam Centre, 6 Soho Rd, Birmingham, West Midlands B21 9BH
Time: 09:30 am – 3:15 pm
Include Me TOO’s forthcoming seminar focuses upon Shared Values, Faith and Disability a project which has been funded by Near Neighbours bringing together various faith communities and families with disabled children and young people. At the seminar, issues impacting on Faith and Disability will be discussed and the important role of faith communities providing support and inclusion to their local families with disabled children and young people.
Families with disabled children have shared with Include Me TOO the many barriers they have faced. Some of the difficulties include accessing their faith and cultural activities in their communities. Families want to work with organisations and the wider faith sector to support a wider understanding of their real lives and how the faith sector can support them.
The Seminar aims to:
- Increase understanding, awareness and recognition of disability amongst faith communities
- Provide an opportunity to bring faith communities together and reflect on shared universal values, how they can be put into practice ensuring the spiritual and cultural needs of families with disabled children in their communities can be supported
- Share learning and good practice where faith communities are supporting families with disabled children and young people and supporting their inclusion
Presentations, workshops and discussions will include:
- Discuss and share key references to faith religious doctrines in regards to references to disability, providing positive messages
- Families sharing their experiences of having a disabled child and the challenges of being involved in their respective faith communities
- Removing the barriers and improving the experiences of families with disabled children access their faith settings and activities, providing inclusivity
- Identifying how faith communities are supporting disabled children, young people and their families and what more could be done
- Looking at how we can work together to increase the awareness and understanding regarding disabilities in our faith communities
- Discussing the potential role of Faith communities is in supporting disabled children, young people and their families
Faith and disability is an area which has been too often overlooked. We hope to establish a better understanding and awareness of Faith and Disability in communities and increase the inclusion of families with disabled children and young people to faith settings and their personal spiritual journey.
To book your FREE place at this event please contact us on 01902 399888/ 01902 711604 or email: email@example.com[hr]
There will be a networking and information sharing session during the seminar where organisations will be able to hold a stall for a small charge.
If your organisation would like a stall please complete your details on our National Seminar Organisation Booking Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also get in touch with us if you wish to discuss any of the above information further.
We look forward to hopefully meeting you at this important event.